Methamphetamine (ICE) Contamination is in our community, Meth Residue is the invisible danger left behind by users and manufacturers.
Did you know?
- Only 1 in 10 Clandestine labs are found
- Over 100,000 people daily test positive nationally for Methamphetamine (that is a lot of properties that could be contaminated)
- 1 in 75 people have used Methamphetamine in the last year
- Hospital records indicate dependent crystal methamphetamine “ice” has increased from 22% to 57% with 40% smoking as the main route of administration
- Australia has the biggest Meth usage in the English speaking world
- Australian Crime Commissions latest Illicit Drug Data Reports Clan labs continue to be detected in residential areas with addict – based labs increased to 60.9%
- From 2010 to 2016 regular meth users has increased by 36%
Methamphetamine is a crystal that vaporizes when heated, as in smoking. The vapour clings to surfaces and reforms into crystals. People who come in contact with these surfaces can ingest the meth through their skin or by touching contaminated surfaces then touching mouth, nose or eyes. Babies are especially vulnerable. They live in a world where they crawl on all fours and everything is sampled by tasting. It takes only small amounts of meth to affect a baby.
With ICE usage rates on the rise in Shoalhaven a Pre Purchase Meth inspection are now as important as building and pest reports when purchasing.
Renting? It’s too late once you move in. Don’t risk exposing your family to toxic chemicals that stay around in your rental. You can order a Pre Lease Inspection for $250- $300
Meth Detection Australia offers a number of different inspections including
- Pre Purchase Inspections
- Meth Management for Landlords
- Pre Lease signing Inspections
- Used Vehicle Meth Testing
If you would like more information on Meth Detection, check out Meth Detection Australia’s detailed guide to protect your family.